Monday, February 17, 2014

Worth It!

"Decide now that you are worthy of great wealth, & it will be your first step toward great prosperity."
--D. Hardy

This decision is something I personally have battled myself. Anyone growing up in a home where emotional & verbal abuse were part of the daily routine, after a while, one can get so use to hearing such negative words, one does not know any different; it begins to affect one's heart & mind, and eventually the actions that follow.

When life gives you hard-knocks, & things don't work out as you plan, if not careful, you can get so use to the negative, that the positive doesn't seem to be a part of your big picture. Life is full of negative, living under the sin-curse.  The positive things in life usually have to be searched out, and even determined to be sought after on purpose, with hope & hard work.  Learn to distance yourself from the negative.



I use to think things like, "Oh, that could never happen for me." or "I'm not worthy of such..." or "I could never do that!" or "I will never be able to afford to do thus or such or get this or that." Or, how about this one..."I'll never be good enough; that's just how my life is!"

How you think is what you are going to be.  How you feel is how you are going to react.  What you decide is what you are going to do!

Life is a series of tests & trials, & the decisions you make from each test & each trial will determine the end results!  You can let those tests & trials knock you flat on your back & stay there, or you can get right back up & press on!  Move forward!  And, decide you ARE worthy!  You are so worthy, Christ died JUST FOR YOU!  So, why not think you can have great prosperity?  Why not you?  Your life is not already planned out.  You plan your life!

If we are not careful, we can get angry towards those that have prosperity, become bitter & get prideful in our present state & foster a false humility!  Just because it happens for them, doesn't mean it can't happen for us! Just because it doesn't happen for us, doesn't mean we are not worthy for it to happen!  It may mean, we need to change our thoughts, change our actions & work towards those goals & aspirations we have hidden in our mind & heart.  Greatness isn't already determined.  You determine your greatness!

Psalms 16:11 says, "Thou wilt show me the path of life: in Thy presence is fullness of joy; at Thy right hand, there are pleasures forevermore."

I don't know about you, but I have decided to follow Jesus.  I have decided I am worthy because He is worthy.  It's okay to have His blessings of wealth & prosperity in life, if He so deems.

Take that first step toward prosperity in your own life.
Decide YOU ARE WORTHY--because YOU ARE--in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment