Monday, March 3, 2014

Fear Phobia

My "life verse" has always been Isa. 41:10 - "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Since a child, I've had many fears.  I still do.  I could probably say fear is one my biggest obstacles.  Fear of what others think.  Fear of failure.  Fear of the future.  Fear of the unknown.  Fear can be the greatest battle of our mind, if we let it; but, it's definitely an obstacle that can be overcome with faith & fervency in Him, & by His grace.
 

There's another verse that says,  "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear..."  I remind myself of this verse OFTEN.
God is love.  Therefore, when He's near, my fear will disappear. Hence, a constant, daily walk with him is imperative for every area of our life.  

I believe REALLY enjoying life can happen when fear can be stopped.  I have to let my faith be bigger than my fear.
When fear knocks on my mind's door, I ask God for help & send my faith in Him to answer it.

Churchill said, "All we have to fear is fear itself!"  Fear limits our vision.  Fear can be the most subtle & most destructive emotion.
Fear paralyzes our ambitions & can keep us from pressing forward.  Fear's a state of the mind that CAN be changed.

Someone said that fear is a:
F - False
E - Evidence
A - Appearing
R - Real

Everyone has fears.  We live under a curse, & it is natural to fear.  But, miracles start to happen when we begin to give MORE energy to our dreams, desires & goals than we do our fears.
Bill Cosby said, "In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." Do you have that great of a desire?

With Zeal, in your personal life, what are your goals, dreams, aspirations, desires?  What do you want to accomplish?  Are you facing your fears & working towards those things that you have hidden in your heart, laid up in the safety of your mind, that no one else knows about but you & God?

The David of the Bible encouraged himself in the Lord.  Please let me encourage you to encourage yourself in Him today, as well.  Be your own booster.
Overcome your fears by God's love & your faith in Him & what He can do through YOU!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment